Wednesday 21 April 2010

All the world needs is a late opening chippy...

Just finished another long and stressful shift at work, one of those where the day starts well but ends in a lot of running round and panicking to the point where it actual seems like 2 different days rather then one long one...

Anyway because of the complicated get in and lots of minor things not working for no apparent reason or simply "disappearing" (don't even get me started on that) I ended up doing another 14 hour shift with only one break. Which basically meant towards the end of the day I was starving, having not eaten since dinner. So during the interval i ran to Tesco express to grab some food (you have no idea how stressful it is in a cue at a supermarket when you know you have to be back in the theatre and at the tech desk in 15 minutes or you hold up the whole show)

Anyway so on my way running back wolfing down some form of over priced edible-ness I over heard this conversation from a guy and his friend carrying a bag of chips:
" this is the problem, this is what the world needs, a chippy that's open till midnight, and 3am on weekends obviously. Seriously, I am fed up of eating kebabs on a Friday night, and the word "pizza" doesn't even mean anything to me any more..."


small things get you through the day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment