Tuesday 14 September 2010

day 1- Always remember the metal!

I'd love to start this "adventure* off with something exciting, but truth be told, as I am finally back in Lincoln after about 2 months, all I've done today is tidy and add music to my iTunes.


One of which was the new(ish) Bullet For My Valentine album, a band I'd almost forgotten about before I saw them at Download this year.  


Bullet were the kind of band I saw a lot, but never intentionally.  In fact according to my records (I keep a list...I am not this organised about anything else) I have seen them 7 times, however not ONE of these times have I actually purposely seen the band, they have always been either supporting a band I want to see, or they've been at a festival.  But I have always thought they were good, particularly live, and this year was no different, in fact it revived my love for them.


Today I have just bought a ticket to see them live in December, this is the first time I've bought a gig ticket that isn't for an industrial band, (other then my annual trip to Download) in a long time, I'm looking forward to it.


But I wonder how much of this is for me to reminisce of those old days, will I listen to bands like Funeral For A Friend and From First To Last when I'm old to reminisce, in the same way my Dad secretly listens to Abba, will it be the same as the way the songs now remind me of my teens, will I go into a club dedicated to the 00's when I'm 45 and find myself dancing to Panic! At the disco?  I kind of hope so


I hope this genre of music doesn't just become something I use to try and make myself feel young, I hope my music taste expands rather then just replaces


I'm off now to finish tidying and watch the second episode of This is England 86!


Industrial_Alice


p.s this blog writing co-insides with me starting to diet, I'm hoping making this public will help me stay on track, wish my luck
I had this poster on my wall as a teen, it seemed appropriate :)


Quote of the day:  "what's he so happy about?" "He just did a shit on the pavement"- Jessica Miller and Woody
Lyric of the day- "I'm coming home, I've been gone for far too long, Do you remember me at all?
I'm leaving, Have I've fucked things up again, I'm dreaming, Too much time without you spent"- Heart's Burst Into Fire, Bullet for my Valentine 

No comments:

Post a Comment